We know your woodlot is important to you, that's why we only work with trusted, experienced contractors and professionals.
We are the one-stop shop for all your woodlot management needs in all of southwestern Nova Scotia.
Prior to harvest or any silviculture activities, a WWSC representative will come visit your property to ensure that operations will run smoothly for our contractors and provide you with peace of mind.
Before all our operations commence, the following will be completed:
- Management planning
- Pre-treatment assessments
- Block layout
- Road layout and construction logistics
- Preparation of harvest contract
The cost of these services are deducted from the revenue generated through the sale of wood or silviculture grants.
We'll have a representative on site completing regular safety and compliance checks during all operations. Working together, we can make sure that harvest and silviculture activities are meeting your goals.
Our supervision and operations services include:
- Regular visits by our experienced supervisors
- Safety procedures assurance
- Product sorting - auditing and scaling
Once the job is compete, we'll walk your woodlot with you, complete post-harvest checks and discuss future treatment options.
Our final assessment includes:
- Post-harvest assessments
- Updates to management plan
- Assistance with silviculture funding/applications
- Completion of any necessary documentation for certification
- Update management plan